This Legal Notice was repealed on 2023-05-15 by Justice of the Peace (No. 2) Regulations 2023.
Turks and Caicos Islands
Magistrate's Court Ordinance
Justice of the Peace Regulations 2023
Legal Notice 18 of 2023
- Assented to on 1 March 2023
- Commenced on 15 March 2023
- [This is the version of this document from 15 March 2023.]
- [Repealed by Justice of the Peace (No. 2) Regulations 2023 (Legal Notice 25 of 2023) on 15 May 2023]
1. Citation and commencementThese Regulations may be cited as the Justice of the Peace Regulations 2023 and shall come into operation on 15 March 2023.
2. InterpretationIn these Regulations “Ordinance” means the Magistrate’s Court Ordinance.
3. Application of appointment of Justice of the Peace
4. Appointment of Justice of the PeaceAn appointment of a Justice of the Peace made under the Ordinance shall be made by warrant as set out in Form 2 of Schedule 1.
5. Responsibilities of Justice of the PeaceA Justice of the Peace must be familiar with the provisions of PART IIA of the Magistrate’s Court Ordinance and other provisions relevant to his functions.
6. Certification of documents
7. Witness of documents
8. Seeking assistance
9. Keeping of Ledger
10. Disciplinary procedure
11. Decision of complaintWhere the committee has completed the enquiry to a complaint and is satisfied that the Justice of the Peace is at fault, the Chief Magistrate may—
12. Review of complaint
13. Code of ConductA Code of Conduct for the Justices of the Peace is set out in Schedule 2.
History of this document
15 May 2023
Repealed by Justice of the Peace (No. 2) Regulations 2023
15 March 2023 this version
01 March 2023